Friday, February 11, 2011

Important

Hello All,


As we are all aware, Thomas K4KH and I have been diligently working with the city on getting us back on the water tower. It just so happens, a few weeks ago, I stopped by the Lake Wales Medical center and dropped off my info and what I was interested in.

Well, after that length of time I thought they were not interested.

I was wrong. Very wrong.

I received a call from a wonderful lady at the hospital this past week and we were able to meet for a little while this morning (2/11/11) and discuss a few things.

Long story short:
She is very excited and willing to work with us on locating a repeater on the hospital. Even shocked that the hospital was not already involved with amateur radio (she recently relocated from Pennsylvania, and most hospitals there are very involved) I mentioned our current situation, having just bought a new VHF repeater, and that we are a small group with limited funds.

Not a problem. It seems that the medical center has funds for emergency supplies, etc. and radio gear would fall under that.

I spent some time with the facility engineer, looked at the roof top and the rohn tower that is located there (Approx 75 ft). Everything looks very promising.

The hospital will gain a relationship with our group and A.R.E.S. for emergency communications and the area will benefit from another repeater. We can also assist with getting some of their folks licensed.

So, I will begin assisting the Lake Wales Medical Center with the technical aspects of a UHF repeater, including the purchase and setup.

I will update the group as we make progress.

Judson Bracewell
KJ4IDH
http://www.lwra.us/ Vice President
http://www.polkemcomm.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment